Friday, October 29, 2010

Quilt Festival time again!!

Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

Welcome friends and quilt festival browsers to the post! Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment..I'd love to hear from you!

Here is my quilt for the festival...It is titled "Joy Ride" and was lovingly made for my father for his 60th birthday. I fell in love with this Riley Blake fabric and had to buy a bunch from the collection for this quilt. I used this tutorial from a quilt is nice for the pattern.
I hand quilted it which (took forever) was fun.
And I machine sewed the binding on due to time constraints...but felt the hand quilting made up for that.
...and just for fun, the Little Bo Peep costume I made for this year's festivities...isn't it cute:) Happy Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I love this zigzag pattern. I bet your dad loves this quilt. The fabric choice is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how lively zig zag quilts are. Great work! Your dad must have been thrilled to receive such a lovely handmade gift. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Zigzag quilt! I think those Riley Blake fabrics really suit this design. Bet it was well recieved by your Dad!Oh and yes hand quilting makes machine sewing the binding okay

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely quilt, thanks for sharing the pics and the story!
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday gift ... and 'lil bo peep is rockin too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabrics are great! love this quilt. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quilt and a great pattern to show off the prints ~ I love the Wheels line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun quilt. Great zigzag set- perfect for the car fabrics. Isn't it amazing how long it takes to hand quilt -but it is so rewarding. I'll bet your Dad loved it.
    Thanks for visiting/commenting on my antique schoolhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, fun quilt. I love the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun quilt. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dear,join my first creative linky...you are always welcome

    http://creativemind-zeshuregi.blogspot.com/2010/11/thank-you-100-followersjoin-my-creative.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the quilt! I have never been much of a quilter, but this is inspiring. I can't believe you hand quilted it. That is so impressive!

    ReplyDelete